Monday, November 9, 2009

Thoughts and such

Thanks for all the ideas and comments on Christmas traditions. I enjoyed hearing them and will probably be incorporating some of them! I found out today that apparently there is a 3 ft tree on sale for $10 at pequeño mundo. I haven't seen it yet, but we're hoping to get a few things to decorate the place and do some baking to share with other missionaries and the professors.

Today in class we started talking about our best and worst Christmases. I'm going to spare the drama of my worse Christmas, but after sharing it made me really miss my mom. We don't have cell phones, nor a phone that we can call the states here and she doesn't have very good internet, so I've only talked to her once since I've been here. We've been here for 2 and a half months. It's flown by but at the same time, it feels like I haven't talked to my mom or my family forever!

We sometimes have a strained relationship, but I love them, pray for them, and truly want them to be happy. I guess I don't really expect them to be thrilled for me to be here, but I wish they were more supportive. It's hard to see Josh talk to his parents on Skype all the time and receive packages from his parents and know that that isn't the case with my mom. It's hard imagining how the relationship will be once we have kids. His parents are happy to travel and come visit whereas my mom refuses to board a plane. This is something that I want to take from Josh's side of the family. They always support him and are there to advise him if he asks for it, but they don't tell him what to do and cut him off if he doesn't follow it.

UGH, I can't believe I just wrote such a depressing post so far. I've just been thinking and reflecting on this a lot lately. Moving on... Josh created his own blog with ramblings and thoughts that are drifting through his mind. You can check it out here.

I'm working really hard at blogging just about everyday and getting our blog out there. I'd really like to gain more readers and I'd love to hear from you. I love reading comments, so comment away and let me know what you are thinking!

I'm going to go edit some pictures. I keep saying I'm going to and haven't. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures for you all tomorrow!

0 comments: