Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sometimes my life is like a scene out of a movie

So, tragically, I had ALMOST forgot about this story until class yesterday. You see, we've been reading a book in my conversation class (figure that one out) and talking about the sayings we find along the way. Well a phrase came up that was like "to wish the earth would open and swallow you hole," with the meaning being that you're so embarrassed or ashamed that you wish you could just disappear. Then, my professor asked me to come up with a time that I had felt this way and like a God send from heaven, this story reappeared in my mind after being at the gates of complete erasure from my mind.

So, I looked up at Roxanna and said, in Spanish of course, "Well, I can't think of one that happened to me, but you just made me remember a story from Sunday." You see, Sunday afternoon Josh and I went to the movies and saw "Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs." Being that it's so cheap here, we each got a soda as well. Well, by the last 30 minutes of the movie I had to go to the bathroom so bad that I shot up like a lightning bold and ran for the bathroom. By the time I made it to the bathroom there was already a line...my luck. It moved pretty quickly until there was just one girl in front of me that was maybe 20 years old. Well, an older lady that was probably in her late 60's or early 70's came out of a stall and had washed her hands when she asked to be let by to get some paper towels. As she did so, the lady in front of me noticed that she had some toilet paper sticking out of her pants that had a zipper closure in the back. She tried to do it discreetly, but because of the other lady's age, she had a hard time hearing so the lady had to continually repeat it. The worst part of the whole scenario is that the toilet paper had been used.

Number two.

With streaks of poo all down it, the elderly lady was embarrassed and tried to pull it out. Somehow she couldn't get it in just one pull. It was one of those things like the clown cloth that just kept coming and coming. I tried really hard not to watch, but how could I not! I made sure to keep my head down and hold back all snickers because as sure as I would let one slip, I would have burst out in laughter and I truly did feel back for the lady. Luckily, two stalls opened up within the next 30 seconds and I was out of the danger zone. I was in such shock over what had just happened, that I didn't even check for toilet paper before entering and locking the stall door. Luckily, there was plenty. I was in such a hurry to get out of there, that I actually pretty much forgot about it before I even got out of the bathroom to see Josh, patiently waiting outside for me.

So, I was so thrilled when the story was brought back to memory because I was never able to fully appreciate the joy of the Seinfeldesque scene that had been played out in front of me! I would definitely say that she probably wanted the earth to open up and swallow her whole at that moment. Roxanna says weird things happen around me all the time and I have to agree, I get to see some strange stuff but I really appreciate it and it makes me giggle.

I don't know about you, but I am so thankful when stories or dreams get pulled back to memory right before they are completely erased. It really annoys me when I wake up in the morning and think to myself, "Man, that was a terrific dream! It felt so real!" Then, 20 minutes later when I go to tell Josh about it, it's only left the annoyance of the feeling of being on the tip of my tongue, when in all actuality, I know it will never come back to me. However, when someone says something that brings a dream or story back, I instantly get transported back to the moment and enjoy it.

So, have you ever had a situation where you were SURE someone was about to pop out and say, "Surprise! You're on Candid Camera!"?

0 comments: