Monday, November 9, 2009

Slight heart attack

I just came in to download some pictures and for whatever reason, Lightroom wouldn't import them. I check to make sure they were showing up on the card and they were. So, I tried again. Nothing. No problem. There's probably a glitch somewhere. I'll just restart the computer.

Wait, where'd the card reader go? Why can't I see the card reader?

Don't panic! Just take the card reader out, put the CF card in the camera and try to hook the camera up by USB cord.

WHAT!?! Why are my pictures not showing up on the camera either! What the heck!!!

Put the card BACK into the card reader. Maybe it'll work this time. No luck. Panic setting in...

Quick google check and can't find anything exactly like my issue. What is going ON!

Josh comes in at the angry sounds coming out of the office. "What's wrong?" I explain the situation to him and he takes the card and card reader to the PC to check if it will come up there. The PC recognizes the card. He downloads a photo restoration program and it is currently running.

Not that this would be the end of the world, but I have pictures from the last month on there and I'd be really bummed to lose them. Plus, the thought of losing the use of my camera for the next month before our next visit to the states is a total bummer.

List of upcoming events:
  • My 26th birthday
  • Panama trip
  • Thanksgiving
  • Graduation for some students

Here's to hoping that everything will be restored and the card can be reformatted and usable...

0 comments: