Sunday, June 7, 2009

Who said God can't use children

Today we went to church and Brother Don introduced Josh and I and all the interns to the church. He spoke to them a little about my background and had me come up and greet the church while Josh was getting the music ready because we did Super Heroe in front of the church. It was lots of fun and several nationals came up to be and told me it was “Bien pelado,” or really cool.

Afterwards, we went back to the casona to eat lunch and wait for the bus to arrive. We only got to do one program but we picked up one of the Guardians of the Vision (the children that have gone through the discipleship program and are awesome children of God) to do a program right in front of his home. You see, the church is trying to promote Grupos Alphas (cell groups) and he was trying to start his for the other children of the neighborhood. It was really cool to do a program and be able to bring children to the Lord knowing that they will have a cell group and be discipled right in their own neighborhood.

The fact that an eleven year old child would be so willing and yearning to start his own cell group and want to pour into the lives of his peers around him is awesome to me. Children reaching children. Now that’s an idea!

I just thought that was really neat and I’m amazed by how God uses the willing whether they are 25, 50, or 11.

0 comments: