Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Prayer is powerful

Man, we just finished up with an awesome time at the prayer fortress. However, we started the day with devos and finishing up training the rest of the skits, then we finished talking about how to be an intern in the afternoon after lunch. I must admit though, Josh and I missed most of that because we had to go to Santa Ana to purchase a few things and Naun needed some jeans. However, we did get to help train the rest of the ministry dramas and wrap things up before prayer time tonight.

You see, every time we have a team come in, we make sure to take them up to the prayer fortress to anoint them and send them out before they go to minister. There is a building (that looks an awful lot like a castle surprisingly enough) that there is 24 hour intercession for the nations and has been for over 10 years now. We decided that since the interns will be going out to minister tomorrow we should take them up and pray for them.

Well, let me just say that I love how God works and uses us. We had a time of personal prayer and preparation, then we, as the leadership team, started to anoint and pray for the interns individually. Even after 4 days together, I don’t really know the interns well enough nor their background well enough to know what exactly to pray for them. So, I just started to pray in the spirit and all of a sudden, it’s like the Holy Spirit gave me the words to pray over them. I spoke some very specific words over people and I usually don’t do that. However, I felt like I should and even when I resisted at some times, the Holy Spirit continued to nudge me that I had to go and say that to that person.

Well, Jacob and Josh had been running around doing the same thing. Jacob took me with him to pray for any of the female interns as to be appropriate. As I heard him pray, he was saying some of the same things that I had been to them just moments earlier. I thought it was so cool how God had used two different people to speak the same thing into their lives. Soon, we had realized it was almost 10 and we had been up there since 7:30 so we wrapped things up. I don’t think any of us left the tower unfilled and unchanged.

It’s late now, but I’m still reflecting on the goodness and faithfulness of God.

0 comments: