Friday, October 30, 2009

Visitors

So, we just found out a couple days ago that Heidi and Preston, two friends from a supporting church, will coming to stay with us tonight. They have been down in Pavones in southern Costa Rica almost to the border of Panama working as missionaries. They've been working up in the mountains with the indigenous tribes and also along the beach. They wrote me an email earlier today and told me the bus they were planning to take at noon was cancelled for whatever reason and they wouldn't be leaving until about 4:30 which means they won't be getting in until at least midnight if not before. I'm excited to see them again and hear all about what's been going on down south. I'm also excited to show them around and enjoy some time with people from home. It's weird to say from home when I don't really feel like that is home anymore. I mean, it's where I grew up, but it doesn't feel the same anymore.

Anyways, I digress. I'm super tired from this week of missiology classes but I can't let Josh stay up by himself. He's pretty tired too. I'm going to go lay down and read some more of "Breaking Dawn," the last book of the Twilight series. I'm sucked in and finally found the last book here in English for $20. I couldn't not get it!

Lord, help Heidi and Preston arrive earlier than later!

0 comments: