Thursday, May 28, 2009

Josh drove through El Salvador and we lived to tell about it

Today we went into town to get Jolie a phone and to pick up the intern shirts as well as a few other things today. Jacob decided this would be a great time for Josh to learn how to drive in El Salvador. I was happy to let him use the steering wheel while I was the backseat driver telling him that he was about to hit another car! :)

Actually, in all honesty, he was a great driver and did much better than I would have in such stressful circumstances. It was an…interesting experience.

We got to check email again. Whoo hoo!

It was pretty much an afternoon of running errands. Over the last few days we did come up with ideas for a new drama for the team farewells at the end of their time here in El Salvador. I think we’re going to let the interns help us come up with the rest of it. Also, something that Jacob started last year with the interns that I really like is edifying and building each other up with the 2 for 1 rule. Every time you say something negative about someone or say a joke at someone’s expense, you must say two things that edify or build that person up by complimenting them in a way that speaks of their character, personality, or actions.

I would really like to start using that in my day to day life. It just seems like an incredibly smart way to live. How can people get upset or hold a grudge against someone that is constantly complimenting them. It will help me to filter what I say as well. I’m excited about it, even if I have been joking with Jacob about it.

0 comments: