Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008 - Photos

This Thanksgiving was a little different from all the rest. My mom decided she wanted to stay home alone this year as the rest of the family got together at my grandparent's condo as usual. My aunt, uncle, and cousins came this year too. Usually they are already up in the mountains of North Carolina over Thanksgiving but this year they decided to wait until afterwards. Also, it was our first Thanksgiving as a married couple and Josh's first Thanksgiving away from his family and in Florida. It was a warm sunny day today and I took my new camera so I could take some pictures of the wildlife that is always around my grandparent's condo.

This year my grandfather was talking about his typical hobbies - boating, flying, and fixing cars. However, he started saying that he was getting tired of fixing cars and keeping up with the planes. This astounded me. My grandaddy has always been the kind to stay active and even after he retired he's stayed busy with his hobbies. Now he says he's slowing down and even considering selling his plane and car. He still goes out on the boat, but I haven't heard of them taking a weekend boat trip in a long time. They used to go on weekend trips all the time and even went on week long trips at time. I guess I really am growing up. I guess things really are changing. I guess it's true that they won't be around forever. As he was talking about all this I felt the need to record his love for old cars and preserve the memory of his hobbies. His plane was at a hanger at the airport and his boat was out at his warehouse at my aunt's house, but his car - that was in the garage just outside. I hadn't seen it in several years and I knew Josh loves old cars, so we talked him into getting the car out this afternoon so I could take some pictures of it. You can tell he is SO proud of it! It's his piece of yesteryear. Although not the best pictures in the whole world, I am still glad that I could record this passion of his and I hope he can still cherish the photo if he does eventually sell the car.
Happy Thanksgiving all! I hope that you all had a wonderful dinner and that some of those memories of friends and family have imprinted themselves in your brain. Many more blessings as this Christmas season comes!

0 comments: