Sunday, February 3, 2008

He is showing His glory! - Photo

So, today was a GREAT day! Actually, let me go back. Last week, someone unexpectedly walked up to me and gave me a check for $2,200. When I saw the check, I started to cry because of the faithfulness of God. He knows that my target date is coming up in May. He knows His plans for me. He knows I have been working hard and taking every open door He has placed in front of me and now He is opening even more opportunities. He is speaking into the hearts of those around me and they are obeying!

So, Friday I spoke to Kristen, the girl at headquarters that takes care of my account and gives me updates and she sent me an update so I would know where I stood as I prepared to share with City Church today. I talked to Pastor Eugene and he told me about how last month they had a missionary come through and the church was able to bless them with $1,5o0 and he just thought it would be so cool if they could try to get 10% of my remaining cash budget, to which I quickly agreed. I was in need of $12,ooo still in my cash budget and $1,200 would be SUCH an incredible blessing!

I got to share a little in the first adult service, where they prayed for me then quickly rushed over to share with the kids (some pictured to the left) while doing a fun little game. They loved having the opportunity to hear from a real person on the field and showed such genuine interest in helping out the kids of El Salvador.

The second service was in a very similar fashion as we showed my video and the pastor had some interview questions for me. Then, after the service was over and all was said and done, Pastor Eugene called me into his office to meet with the leadership team. There he revealed that between the two services, God was faithful, touched the hearts of his congregation, and had given $3000! That's over double what we were praying and hoping for! It was 25% of what was left of my general cash budget. PRAISE GOD!

You see, when God is in control, faithful, and grips the hearts of those around you, the returns are going to be much higher than we would ever expect or dream for. He is so faithful and worthy of our praise! Won't you join with me to sing praises of His glory today?

In about a week and a half, He has brought in over $5,ooo. I only have about $8,000 to raise for my cash budget and about $1,750 in monthly support. God is so good!

This is just the start to an incredibly busy month for me. I have an adult small group I'm speaking to Saturday, my church dedication on Sunday. Then, the 13th I have the entire Wednesday night service at a church for missions emphasis week. The 17th, I'll be speaking to the middle school group about giving to Speed the Light (STL) and helping missionaries even now. Then, the last weekend I'm hoping to be up in Bonifay, FL in the panhandle to visit a fellow intern and hopefully be sharing with a church there as well. Please be in prayer for the anointing to flow from my lips and from my hands and that lives are changed. I want others here in Central Florida to catch the fire for missions; the heartbeat of God!

Now it's time for rest. Until soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that God is providing so faithfully to you...He's AMAZING, isn't he?! You are always in my prayers, girl...I love you!!

Anonymous said...

So awesome...your passion and love is so evident in everything that you do. I admire and respect you so much and am praying for you constantly.
<3 ya!

CDM said...

I'm glad that you are getting the financial support you need to go to El Salvador. I'm trying to put some aside for you as well. Although, it won't be $2000. sorry....

I saw you're interviewing with Continental. Is this just until May or ar eyou postponing your trip? Hope things are going well. I'm sad our date fell apart.

Best wishes and looking forward to hearing about your adventures with God and El Salvador :)

Foxy